Set in a world where gods rule, demons are feared, and humans just seek to survive, the Children of Khaos Universe include multiple series set within the world of Greek, Roman, and Etruscan mythologies that follows the lives of the gods, the demons, and the hapless humans that get in their way.
Welcome to their stories!
About the Children of Khaos Universe
In the beginning there was nothing more than Khaos, the primordial nothingness from which all the immortals sprang. Neither male nor female, Khaos gave birth to many sons and daughters, the Earth, the Sky, the Underworld and all the daemons and gods who walked the land.
Of all the generations Khaos birthed, the Titans and the Olympians were the only ones whose desire for power and freedom drove them to war. Uranus was the first, a dictator who forced his son Coronus, King of the Titans, to steal his father’s place in a bid to save his mother. But absolute power corrupted Coronus, and yet it wasn’t until an Oracle predicted Coronus’ downfall at the hands of one of his sons that Coronus turned on his family.
Imprisoning his sons and daughters, as well as any who threatened his throne, Coronus ruled the world with an iron fist. Until his wife, Rhea, seeing a way to free herself and her children, tricked her husband and hid some of her offspring throughout the world. Their son Zeus, was the first who set out to overthrow his father, but Zeus had no real desire to see the mortals, gods, monsters, and demons lived side by side live in harmony, or at least try to.
- Now that I’m done writing the story and have it published, I thought it would be fun to post a series of story samples from Death’s Lover. The Story Sample: She wanted Than in a […]
- Now that I’m done writing the story and have it published, I thought it would be fun to post a series of story samples from Death’s Lover. Welcome to Thanatos’ World. The Story Sample: The […]
- Now that I’m done writing the story and have it published, I thought it would be fun to post a series of story samples from Death’s Lover. Today I thought I’d introduce you to the […]
- Now that I’m done writing the story and have it published, I thought it would be fun to post a series of story samples from Death’s Lover. This one is one of my favorite scenes […]
- Now that I’m done writing the story and have it published, I thought it would be fun to post a series of story samples from Death’s Lover and talk about what inspired the scenes. To […]
I’ve always been fascinated by Greek, Roman, and the even older Etruscan mythologies since I was first introduced to them as a child. Everything I learned, from the books I read to the exhibits I visited, revealed the many layers to the myths. I loved the idea that there was more to this world than can been seen by the naked eye and more than can be imagined in our limited philosophies.
When I started writing the Children of Khaos Series knowing I was going to reinvent the mythologies I love rather than retell them. I wanted to bring to life a different feature of the story and look deeper to find the source of those stories. For me, they became more than a backdrop to people long gone, they became window into the understanding a souls of the culture. I took several liberties with the creation of the series to show the mythologies in a different light. I didn’t want it to be this predictable story that we all learned in school. I wanted it to be familiar but different. So I twisted mythology to fit the world I created.
~ Stephannie Beman ~
- It’s been brought to my attention by my daughter that it’s been nearly a month since my last blog post and that she believes that another post is in order. She tells me that this is because if I “want to be any kind of blogger or Youtuber of note, you have to post often”. […]
- Living on a ranch is so very different from living in a city. It’s more than just the wide open meadow, the forest of trees around me, the herd of cows I help care for, or the fact that the nearest neighbor isn’t able to look out their windows into mine. It has more to […]
- Yippeee! It’s time for another update on what the Hell I’m doing, because most of the time I’m not sure and neither are you! Besides, you all really want to know what I’m doing, right? Hello? Anyone still around? *looks around and listens to the crickets chirping noisily* Just kidding, I know there is at least one person looking […]
- Book #2 of the Children of Khaos: The Originals, Death’s Lover is finally back in digital! Now for those who just want to read your copy, feel free to ignore the rest of this post and buy Death’s Lover at: Smashwords, Barnes & Noble, iBooks, Kobo, Scribd, Amazon US, Amazon UK, Amazon AU, and Amazon CA. For those of you who want to know why […]
- I started the process of republishing My Lord Hades and after it went live on Amazon, I thought little more about it. After, I announced the return of My Lord Hades to the eBook scene Friday for my mailing list and Tuesday on my blog, a writer friend of mine pointed out an article about […]
Subscribe for Updates!
Subscribe to my blog to be kept updated on release dates.